Zerosprey42 Keyboard is a beginner friendly, choc hotswap, MonoBlockSplit (Unibody), column-staggered, DIY low-profile mechanical keyboard. It balances between portability and ergonomics with a sleek case. This is a remix of ebastler‘s osprey with a low cost RP2040-Zero. The open source Zerosprey Keyboard project by beekeeb can be found at https://github.com/beekeeb/zerosprey42, licensed under the CERN Open Hardware Licence Version 2 – Permissive.
- MCU Board – WaveShare RP2040-Zero
- It includes a powerful RP2040 with a lot of flash memory (2MB), so you can enable many QMK features and layers without worrying about the firmware size.
- Easier to solder (for the DIY soldering option)
- There are very few components/pins to solder. You will need to solder diodes, hot swap sockets, and the castellated holes for the RP2040-Zero.
- Choc spacing
- Key switches are arranged tighter than the standard spacing.
- Slightly angled sides, with a bigger thumb key.
- There is an elegant case modified from the original osprey keyboard. It includes a top case, switch plate and a bottom case.
- QMK and Vial are supported. For advanced users, you should be able to use other firmwares including ZMK, KMK (Python-based), PRK (Ruby-based), keyberon (Rust-based) and ZMK.
The Basic Kit includes
- 1x PCB
- 1x WaveShare RP2040-Zero
- 50x 1N4148 SOD123 diodes
- 42x Kailh hotswap choc v1 sockets
- You will need to solder the parts if you do not choose the presoldering option.
- DIY assembly by hand and a screwdriver is required for the case, key switches and keycaps.
- For 3D printed PLA parts, the default color is black. Please let me know in the order notes if you would like other colors or combinations.
- The switch plate is a soft, flexible plate. It is not a hard plate like FR4.
- This is a hardware DIY kit / product with minimum firmware support. For advanced firmware related features, please visit the community sites and Discord channels.
- You need to use a USB A-to-C or C-to-C data cable. Charging-only cable does not work.
Source code and license: https://github.com/beekeeb/zerosprey42
Be the first to review “Zerosprey42 MonoBlockSplit Unibody RP2040 Wired Keyboard Kit”